Ever wondered how traffic in the bay area evolves during the course of a day? Here is a video that captures traffic in a part of the bay area on Friday, August 14th. The video starts sometime before the midnight of August 13th, and ends shortly after the midnight of August 14th.
- Traffic data courtesy sigalert.com
- Web pages captured using the standalone version of browsershots’ shotfactory
- Image processing (cropping, annotation) using ImageMagick
- Images combined into a video using ffmpeg
- Sound arranged by Surabhi
The video above is not the most interesting. But now that I have all the code in place, I’m looking forward to capturing the traffic during some more interesting events, and covering some more area.