The information on this page might be slightly outdated. For the latest version of the plugin, please check the [[http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/wp-dokuwiki/|WP-Dokuwiki]] page on the [[http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins|Wordpress plugin directory]].
=== Introduction ===
WP-Dokuwiki is yet another markup plugin for WordPress — like [[http://www.huddledmasses.org/2004/04/19/wordpress-plugin-textile-20/|Wordpress Textile]]. It lets you use [[http://wiki.splitbrain.org/wiki:dokuwiki|Dokuwiki]] [[http://wiki.splitbrain.org/wiki:syntax|syntax]] in your markup. It currently works for both pages and posts. I will soon add support for comments as well.
=== Download ===
The current version is 0.5. The plugin is hosted at the [[http://dev.wp-plugins.org/ | WordPress plugin repository]]. You can browse the source code at [[http://dev.wp-plugins.org/browser/wp-dokuwiki]]. Please use the bug tracker over there to file bug reports.
All releases henceforth will be tar bzipped. So please ensure you are using the correct programs to extract the files. On Unix like systems, ”tar -jcvf filename” should do the trick.
==== Older versions ====
* [[http://floatingsun.net/data/code/wp-dokuwiki-0.3.tar.bz2|Version 0.3]]
* [[http://floatingsun.net/data/code/wp-dokuwiki-0.2.tar.bz2|Version 0.2]]
* [[http://floatingsun.net/data/code/wp-dokuwiki-0.1.tar.gz|Version 0.1]]
=== Installation and Usage ===
Download the plugin below and extract it in your ”wp-content/plugins” directory. Then go to your administration panel and activate the plugin. Thats it!
To use the plugin in your post, simply enclose the Dokuwiki markup in ”wiki” opening and closing tags, as such:
This is //some// **sample** [[http://wiki.splitbrain.org|Dokuwiki]] code.
PS: You should use angle brackets, instead of square brackets!!
If you are having problems with the generated code, try disabling the default WordPress formatting (”wpautop” and ”wptexturize”).
=== Features ===
* Supports the complete Dokuwiki syntax.
* Automatic addition of the appropriate CSS rules.
* Generates table of contents.
* Support for the following plugins: [[http://wiki.splitbrain.org/plugin:google_maps|Google Maps]], [[http://wiki.splitbrain.org/plugin:boxes|Boxes]].
* Supports multiple wiki tags — so you can mix Wiki text with non-wiki text.
=== TODO ===
* The plugins is rather big right now. There are still several files that are never used in the execution of the plugin, but are still there since I just copied over some directories. I will gradually start trimming down the files to the bare minimum requirements, but don’t expect the plugin to ever be as lean and mean as say Textile or Markdown.
=== ChangeLog ===
* 2006-03-25 version 0.3 **Major Changes**
* Upgraded to [[http://wiki.splitbrain.org/wiki%3Achanges|Dokuwiki 2006-03-09]]
* Added support for [[http://wiki.splitbrain.org/plugin:google_maps|Google Maps plugin]]
* 2006-03-01 version 0.2
* support for multiple wiki tags
* some new acronyms and interwiki links
* significant reduction in size (got rid of tpl directory)
* 2006-02-04 version 0.1
* Initial release