Some randomly interesting stuff from my Analytics data:
* I have almost //no// visitors from Canada, Africa, //most// of Asia (parts of Russia, China etc) and the middle east. That pretty much covers the globe, doesn’t it :-( Most of the visitors seem to be from the US and Europe, the rest are sprinkled across India and Australia. I clearly need to reach out to a lot more people.
* 43% visitors are //returning// while the rest 57% are //unique//. I’m not sure how to interpret that really. I’ll say its good :-)
* Around 30% visitors come through Technorati (I love you guys!), 12% through Google, and almost 9% visits are from my lab machine (this sucks so much)
* Most visitors seem to stay on my website for **less than 10 seconds** :-( Come on you guys!
* And a vast majority explore fewer than 2 pages when do land on floatingsun. Sheesh.
* Firefox and Konqueror seem to be the top browsers in use by my readers. Woohoo! (Go grab [[http://mozilla.com|Firefox 1.5]] while you’re at it!) However, Windows still leads the OS race.
The nice (bad) thing about Analytics is that the interface is so complicated and redundant (several reports appear under multiple cateogories and sub headings) that you can waste a lot of time and yet not get a whole lot of useful data out :-)